Thursday, September 27, 2012

weekend in waco

I'm pleased to say that I presented my first choreographic work at a dance festival in Waco, Texas this past weekend.  It was the 254 Dance Festival affiliated with the Waco Cultural Arts Fest.  It was a busy weekend and I got behind on work... but it was worth it!  I presented the solo I choreographed in the spring titled "Trivial Pursuits."  You can see it here if you're interested!  I'm so thankful my amazing dancer, Hanna Moore, was able to go to the festival as well.  It was a great experience, I met interesting people, and I got to engage in mini conversations with the audience in Q&A sessions after the shows.  Definitely something I would like to do again.


Waco was such a hip town.  We stayed at a hotel near Baylor University, which was larger than expected.  Common Grounds just happened to be a 30 second walk out our hotel door.  It is the most awesome hipster coffee shop & hangout I've ever seen.  We enjoyed it :)



We ate burgers and shared a milkshake at Health Camp.  Clever owners.  We ate actual healthy bites at Terry & Jo's Food for Thought by the university.  Tasty!  We also took my dancer out for Italian food at Portofino's.  



We walked around the arts festival happening outdoors.  Austin embraced his true Texan and I enjoyed the pretty views from the bridge.  



I also had to do homework and work while I was there.  I stumbled upon this insightful quote in one of my readings.  Thought I'd share: via Silence by John Cage


 Special thanks to my mom and dad for petsitting our 3 furry babies over the weekend!

How was your weekend?  Been to any fun festivals or happenings lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...