Thursday, April 5, 2012

chocolate flaxmeal chocolate

Today I made the BEST vegan gluten-free double chocolate-chip cookies. (Ok, I used non-vegan chocolate chips... but they're nearly vegan I suppose.)


Combine 1 Cup COCONUT OIL, 1 1/4 Cup EVAPORATED CANE JUICE, 1/3 Cup UNSWEETENED APPLE SAUCE, 1/2 Cup UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, 1 Tsp SALT, and 2 Tbsp VANILLA EXTRACT.  In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 Cup gluten-free all-purpose BAKING FLOUR, 1/4 Cup FLAX MEAL, 1 Tsp BAKING SODA, and 1 1/2 Tsp XANTHAN GUM.  Combine wet and dry ingredients.  Fold in 1 Cup (I used more) vegan (or not) CHOCOLATE CHIPS.  Scoop the dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper and slightly press down to flatten.  Bake at 325 for 9 minutes, rotate 180 degrees and bake another 5 minutes.  Viola!  Delicious cookies!

They were from the Babycakes cookbook.
You must try them.

1 comment:

  1. Despite their intense chocolatiness, they were actually really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...