Thursday, March 1, 2012

mr. conner

This man is a high school teacher now:

Finding a teaching position in a public school is fairly difficult in Texas, especially if you're from out of state and are right out of college without previous experience. At the end of the 2010-2011 school year DFW schools laid off tons of teachers... so he has to compete with hundreds of applicants (with experience) in every Texas job he applies for. Luckily, Austin kept his options open and he found, applied, interviewed, and got the exact type of teaching position he was hoping for ... in Oklahoma. Last week he started teaching technology classes for grades 9-12 at a school in Oklahoma City. From what I hear he is doing pretty awesome so far. I wish I could see him in action :) It is tough being apart 5 days a week (luckily our brothers both live in the area so he has a place to stay!)... but he is doing what he has wanted to do and I can tell he enjoys his job. I am so proud of him!

1 comment:

  1. oh leslie, i'm so happy for him! and my heart is with you...i know what it's like to have your hubby gone for a long time : ( but it's so wonderful he's getting to do what he loves and gain experience! can't wait to see you guys--we miss you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...