Monday, February 6, 2012

update

My wonderful cousin, Sarah, visited over the weekend. When we were little we used my tub-of-bows to cover people's heads with bows. Her mom had to answer the door one time with a head full of bows... it was awesome. We played lots of card games and way too many trampoline games :) She was also my maid-of-honor when I got married. I'm glad we've stayed such close cousins since we were younger than I can remember!

We had lots of fun at the Dallas World Aquarium, watching 50/50, playing poker, chatting, and of course eating! I definitely recommend both the aquarium and the movie!
2007- being weirdly wacky with makeup and dancing :)
In 2011 - a more normal picture :)
Spectacular movie. 
With a dog named Skeletor and one very handsome Joseph Gordon-Levitt...

Before Sarah visited (last week) I made this delectable brownie recipe from my chocolate chip cookbook. You need to try it (only if you are a serious chocolate-lover)!
Delectable Chocolatey Brownies

In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on low speed to combine 1 2/3 cups ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, 1/3 cup unsweetened sifted COCOA POWDER, 2 cups packed BROWN SUGAR, 1 tsp BAKING SODA, and 1/4 tsp SALT. Add 1 stick of UNSALTED BUTTER cut into small pieces. Mix until butter pieces are about the size of peas. There will be loose flour. Mix in 1 large EGG and 1 tsp VANILLA extract. The batter will appear dry. Add 1 cup SOUR CREAM until batter looks evenly moistened. There may still be lumps of butter but that is ok. Mix in 12 ounces of CHOCOLATE CHIPS (I used bittersweet, but semisweet would also work). Scrape the batter into a 9x9 pan lined with parchment and buttered. Bake at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out fairly clean. Cool completely, about one hour (I totally didn't do this...). Enjoy alone or with vanilla ice cream!

More to come on my adventures in the second semester of grad school and my baking endeavors... enjoy your week!

2 comments:

  1. 50/50 was so great!!! And it was nice to spend time with Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...