Saturday, January 21, 2012

happy birthday Alex

Yesterday was my brother-in-law Alex's 20th birthday. It is strange that I've known him since... before he was even a teenager! We actually visited him last weekend in OKC to celebrate. He wanted to eat at Texas Roadhouse and then we had some delicious coca-cola cake I had made. I am fairly certain it is my favorite cake ever. You MUST try it if you haven't before.


In a saucepan bring these ingredients to a boil:
1/2 C oil
1 stick of butter
3 Tbsp cocoa
1 can coca-cola
Mix together the following and pour into boiling liquid:
2 C granulated sugar
2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
Beat well. Add the following ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 C buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pour into a greased, floured sheet cake pan (I used two 9x9" pans).
Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
For frosting, combine these ingredients in a saucepan and heat:
3/4 stick of butter
3 Tbsp cocoa
3(ish) Tbsp milk
Away from heat add in:
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used more)
1 pound confectioner's sugar (just add until desired consistency)
Let the cake cool about 5 minutes and spread the frosting on to let cool completely before cutting, serving, and enjoying!

pic via weekly bite since I forgot to take a pic

1 comment:

  1. Delicious! I think you should make another one. You know, to celebrate… Monday! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...