Saturday, December 10, 2011

cookies cookies cookies

I just finished my 10-page research paper... whew! Break time = time to blog!

I've been in a baking mood lately.
I think it is due to the season upon us... as well as the fact that I often use baking as a procrastination tool when it comes to homework :)

I made the delicious choco-mint snappers.
Recipe via my mom.
Melt 6 ounces of chocolate chips in a saucepan
Add 2 caps of mint extract and set aside to cool slightly
Mix together 2/3 cup of crisco, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1 egg
Add this to the chocolate mint mixture along with 1/4 cup karo syrup
Now add 1 3/4 cups flour, 2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1/4 tsp salt
Mix all together and roll into balls
Roll balls in sugar and place on ungreased cookie sheet
Baket 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees

As well as some spiced oatmeal raisin cookies when my dad was here.
Recipe via Epicurious.
In a large bowl, combine:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon (I used more)
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground ginger (I used less)
1 tsp ground cumin (I used less)
a pinch of ground cloves
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
In a separate bowl, beat together:
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
Add flour mixture to sugar mixture
Stir in 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
and 1 cup raisins
Drop by tablespoonfuls 2" apart on ungrased baking sheet
Bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees
*I baked a half batch, which still made an abundance of cookies

And some tasty flourless peanut butter cookies.
Recipe via Real Simple.
In a large bowl, mix together:
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp baking soda
and 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Shape into heaping tablespoons
Place 2" apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper
Flatten and pattern with the tines of a fork
Bake at 350 degrees 10-12 minutes
Rotate the sheets halfway through baking

I'm lucky my neighbors like my cookies, or I'd be gaining 5 pounds a week eating everything I bake!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your paper is finished! Also, the supply of peanut butter cookies is low so… yeah. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...