Wednesday, December 21, 2011

holiday festivities

Now that the semester is over I've had time for more fun stuff!

Made some bon bon cookies for a get together:

Cream together 1 cup butter and 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
Add one beaten egg, 1/2 tsp vanilla, & 1/2 tsp almond extract.
Sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda, & 1 tsp cream of tartar.
Add this to the first mixture and chill in the fridge one hour.
Form into small balls, flatten with your hand, dip in sprinkles.
Bake 10-12 min on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees.

I've had time to crochet - I have been working on a blanket (still) that my great-grandmother started. She taught me how to crochet:
Exchanged gifts with Aust since we'll be out of town for the holiday. (Post about the craziness of gift-giving to come in the near future.) Ponce liked Austin's scarf :)
Pets have enjoyed snuzzling - Zoe voluntarily sleeps in Austin's jacket!
Had our friends, the Kings, over for dinner!
(Erin, Michael, and cutie Amos)
Finally had time to make bedroom curtains:
Today I made Christmas sugar cookies!
They were the best tasting sugar cookies I've made yet. Aust caught me beheading a ballerina.
We are taking some to Ali & Colter's house tonight for a holiday dinner.
Recipe here!
Can't believe it is almost here! Ponce is ready to go to Ponca...
Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I have always wanted to learn how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. Cookies. Ever. Period. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...