Thursday, September 1, 2011

amalgamation

Scare you?! That's my Zoe, yawning :)

Well I have nearly completed my first week of grad school. It's going great!
Tomorrow I have modern for the third time this week and a meeting about performance/choreography. I enjoy every class, and I'm not lying!
My class schedule consists of:
modern technique
ballet technique
performance class
artistic process
research methods for dance
workshop: improvisation
All of my professors are great and I can see there are going to be many opportunities each semester for learning, performing, and dance making! I also love the facility:
4 large studios, 2 small studios
soma fitness center
mac computer lab
video editing lab
lounge room/locker rooms
Plus the university has a nice library, performance space, and brand new fitness center. Ya... it is awesome! My only problem so far is that I have been too darn introverted. I always tell myself I'm going to be outgoing to make tons of friends and connections, but I guess it is just my personality to be reserved at first. I'm going to try to change that though!

Other than that... happy September! Can't believe it... still feels too hot to be September :) The pets all adapted quickly to the new house. Ponce is tearing around the house as I type. Austin has been working his butt off at work, yard work, and car maintenance. I (in addition to school) have been swimming twice, got the house in order, scoped out all the local grocery stores, and made some delicious super chocolate chip cookies today!
And some fun September facts:
classical music month - go put on some wieniawski
self improvement month - go eat some spinach and get on the treadmill
sept 6th read a book day - I suggest "the creative habit"
sept 9th teddy bear day - I'll probably get a new one for Ponce
sept 10th - my brother's birthday!
sept 11th - take a moment to remember 10 years ago
sept 11th grandparent's day - give them a call or some candy!
sept 21st national peace day - is it me or does this seem hard to celebrate with the way our world is right now?
sept 22nd elephant appreciation day - my hubby will love this
sept 23rd FALL EQUINOX - yep, it will probably be 90 degrees here

Enjoy your labor day weekend- my parents are coming to visit!

recipe for chock-full chocolate chip cookies:
Sift together:
1 1/4 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
In separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat:
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 C packed light brown sugar
6 tbsp granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
On low speed add flour mixture.
Mix in 24 ounces (I only used 12) semi sweet chocolate chips.
Drop large spoonfuls onto baking sheets covered with parchment paper.
Bake one sheet at a time at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes each.
Cool completely before eating (they will flatten slightly).

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Zoe is SO funny! You take such great pictures. I'm jealous... Also, I'm glad you are enjoying grad school!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...