Tuesday, September 13, 2011

overwhelmed

Wow.
Lately I have been absolutely overwhelmed. It may not seem like it from some of my blog posts, but I try to remain positive and upbeat when blogging :) It has been a difficult transition from being a full-time working adult making an acceptable amount of money and doing things I enjoy... to going back to school where homework (lots of it) and deadlines and exams exist. And where I currently have no income. I just have to keep in mind- this will bring me to a place in my life where I want to be MORE than where I was before I went to grad school! I do enjoy being in my classes and I have already learned a TON of stuff in 2 1/2 weeks... but sacrificing my 'free time' to homework is tough. Sometimes I don't want to read 5 different articles about finding and labeling a creative process. I'd much rather take Ponce on a walk, update my blog, and bake something. Does this mean I'm not supposed to be in grad school? I don't think so. It is just a change. A HUGE change. I'm still adjusting.

So anyway, I wanted to share a cool, completely irrelevant to anything painting I used for a recent assignment in my research methods class.
(My research professor would frown upon our measly blogger citations!)

Artwork by Angela Leopold.

I just finished one assignment that is due tomorrow.
You can check out what I was investigating here.
I've decided to get up early to do my other assignment for tomorrow... I'm too tired to write anything profound or read without falling asleep.

Good night!

3 comments:

  1. You'll get adjusted soon! It just takes time. Love that painting. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're here with us to go through "change" too : ) and as much as i love spending time with amos all day sometimes i'm jealous you get to dance every day! maybe we can take a class together sometime. i'm vicariously dancing through you for now ; ) i hope things get less overwhelming for you soon. i know you'll do great in all your classes and i hope i get to see some of your choreography again sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are wonderful babe! I know that the time you invest now will reward you with happiness in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...