Tuesday, September 6, 2011

labor day weekend

My parents came to visit me, Austin, Ponce, Dan & Zoe!

Our weekend consisted of
dinner and show at Medieval Times
a game of canasta (girls won)
dog-walking new areas of the neighborhood
tv antenna installation (we weren't getting any channels... now we get 30)
putting together of the backyard swing mom & dad got us
visit to sprouts farmer's market (favorite yogurt was on sale, I stocked up)
delicious fall dessert making (recipe below) from this awesome cookbook:
And this weekend we said goodbye to the heat and hello 70s and 80s!!!
Let's hope it stays this way into fall.

While I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday I picked up this:
Full of fun ideas! Too bad I might have class until 8pm on Halloween :(

With my mom and dad before they had to head home to Oklahoma.
Thanks for visiting!
Now, you may want to try this yummy fall dessert from the cookbook above (which also has the chock-full chocolate chip cookie recipe).

pumpkin chocolate chip cake with cream cheese frosting
Sift together:
1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
In separate bowl, with an electric mixer, blend:
1 C canned pumpkin
1 C sugar
1/2 C canola or corn oil
2 large eggs (one at a time)
Add flour mixture to this.
Add 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Pour into a 9x9 baking pan with buttered parchment paper.
Bake for about 40 minutes at 325 degrees.
Frosting:
Using an electric mixer blend:
1 stick unsalted butter
4 ounces cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 C powdered sugar
Let cake cool completely on a serving plate before adding frosting.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! That cake sounds delicious! Happy Fall to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun weekend and a DELICIOUS cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love martha too! LOVE your blog, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...