Sunday, April 10, 2011

intense weekend...

Friday night Austin and I drove up to Ponca City to visit family over the weekend... we got there just in time for some crazy thunderstorms, including 100mph wind, some hail, and a tornado warning (we were in the closet for a while!)... did a lot of damage around town. We were without power for over 12 hours... got hot! Several buildings on the west side of town were destroyed from the winds, and my mother-in-law's house had shingles taken off of it. Whew! Glad it wasn't worse.

Other than that it was a nice weekend! Visited my parents, Aust's mom, my aunt Maggie & uncle Larry, and of course my parent's cat Feisty :)

Today I had rehearsal, did laundry, cataloged old magazines, planted flowers in the backyard planters, washed dishes, cooked dinner for Aust, Alex, & Anna, and made these delicious gluten-free Pamela's cookies for dessert (thanks to Maggie & Larry for the recommendation):

In my spare time lately I've been stressing about moving. I haven't officially blogged about this... but I officially sent in my acceptance offer from Texas Woman's University! It just made sense: more scholarship/out-of-state tuition waiver, closer to family & friends, cheaper and easier to move, and more job opportunities for Austin. I would have loved to have lived in Brockport... it was so beautiful there and I've always really wanted to live in a place outside of this region... people just seem a little more open-minded elsewhere, but I know Texas will be great (although politically I may be in the minority... what's new!?)... Only problems are we don't know what suburb of Dallas we'll live in, where Austin will work, or what month we're moving... ahhh! Hopefully everything falls into place soon.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, those are definitely some thing we are going to have to address... But, I'm excited to experience it. I'm SO proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just taking those very same cookies out of the oven! Glad you like them. Excuse me while I go hide a few before Larry eats them all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...