Monday, April 25, 2011

hoppy easter

(a bit late!)


So my mom's birthday is April 20th - always near Easter. Long ago we started an odd tradition of using peeps for her birthday cake (back when you could only get them at Easter time). Long story short- my grandma had nothing to decorate her plain, boring cake with... she had some peeps for Easter... so she plopped them on. It was pretty funny.

Each year my mom's sister makes up a theme for Peep Day- this year it was Egyptian! Check it out (notice the protestors):
After we divided the leftovers to be sent home with family, my hubby and my brother decided to eat frosting-topped peeps. It was rather disgusting!

It was a fun day - lots of fam + lots of cake!

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...