Saturday, April 16, 2011

fresh for spring

Happy weekend!
Lots of things have been getting ready for spring around here.

Ponce got a summer haircut today:
I watered the flowers I planted this week:
And I made some of my mom's chocolate brownies from scratch:
Melt 1/2 C butter & 2 one-ounce squares of unsweet chocolate.
Add 1 C sugar, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 3/4 C flour.
Grease 8x8" pan (or a rectangular pan if doubling recipe).
Pour mixture into pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
For frosting:
mix powdered sugar, milk, cocoa to desired taste/consistency.
Other exciting things...
here is Austin's graduation announcement (made by Michael King):
Zoe has been awful snuzzly lately:
Ponce has been trying to tear into elephant's brains (luckily elephant is very resilient... looks quite unscathed!):
a look at my super-organized magazine archive (I'm very proud of this...):
martha stewart, real simple, and whole living grouped by month. dance & pointe arranged chronologically.
In other springy news, I really wish I lived near an Anthro for this reason:
And I need to keep this in mind right about now (via stay fancy free):

Now off to get ready for a Perpetual Motion performance tonight in a burlusque-themed food pantry fundraiser for the city. This should be interesting...

2 comments:

  1. Ponce looks so cute! So does Zoe. I love your magazines are arranged like that. :) Those 50 things are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so strange without the fluffy fur! And, those brownies were delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...