Sunday, February 6, 2011

lots on the brain

Lately I've not been myself. I'm just incredibly stressed with everything going on, all of the possible life-changes coming up this year, and being terribly busy (except the snow days last week!)... I can't concentrate too well and even things that I LOVE I'm having a hard time giving my full attention to. Lets hope this improves. Soon, please.

Well, to keep you posted on my new years resolutions, the past couple of weeks I tried beets and temple oranges (aka tangors).

Beets... not so much. I tried them plain and it felt like I was chewing on a moist, not so delightful plant. I also tried it in salad and that was tolerable, but not tasty.
I also tried the tangor (a temple orange). It is a hybrid of the typical sweet orange and the mandarin orange. It was delicious but it had lots and lots of seeds. I'll be eating this again!
Do you have any suggestions for tasty fruits or vegetables that are not so common? Or any recipes for them or the ones I've already tried?

My cats have started to expect a few drops of milk each evening. They LOVE it :) Maybe we should make some yummy treats for Ponce... similar to these 'pupcakes':
Well, it looks like there won't be any snow days this week... so I'd better go mentally and physically prepare myself for a 5-day work week... have a happy week!

4 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for you during this stressful time! Life changes can be very rough! I've never heard of temple oranges, but they sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to try starfruit! I'm not sure if you've had it, but I've always wanted to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinkings of you...lovely greetings

    http://design-elements-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a stressful time these days as well, but yoga helps, I recommend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...