Monday, September 6, 2010

Recently...

I have been very lazy about loading my photos onto my computer. I'm not sure why, because it doesn't take very long... I just always forget to do it until I have to be somewhere or I need to go to bed. So here are some photos of things I've been meaning to post that have happened in the past couple of months...

Painted my toenails a perfect shade of blue:

Lovely 'Mrs. Conner' apron from my RC girls :)

Enjoying the view from the kitchen (I love my curtains!):

Chocolate-Orange cookies I made:

My wonderful Arts Adventure class!

A hair clip I made at RC's craft night:

A headband I decorated also at RC's craft night:

On our 2nd anniversary trip to Dallas- at the Arboretum!

It was BEAUTIFUL there!

Sugar cookies I made for our anniversary (notice the elephant and seahorse shapes... our favorite animals!)
Recipe for mom's sugar cookies:
Sift together
3 C sifted flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 scant tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
Cut in 1 C shortening (like a pastry)
Add in 2 eggs
Beat together in a separate bowl
1 C granulated sugar
4 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix this with dry ingredients
Refrigerate for one hour
Roll out on a floured surface
Cut with cookie cutters and place on greased cookie sheets
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes
For icing mix together
powdered sugar
milk
vanilla
EAT UP!

Peach pie in progress:

Success! Delicious peach pie!
Recipe for mom's peach pie:
For crusts (make 2)
mix 1 1/4 C flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tbsp sugar.
add 7 tbsp shortening and mix until crumbly.
separate one egg and blend yolk with 3 1/2 tbsp water.
add this to the egg/water mixture - will be sticky.
form a ball and refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
For filling
peel 5 C porter peaches (about 9 whole peaches).
add 1 tsp lemon juice.
in a separate bowl mix 1 C sugar, 1/4 C flour, 1/2 tsp (or more) cinnamon.
pour over the peaches and mix well.
For pie
roll dough out on floured surface into a circle.
fold in half and lift onto the pie plate.
unfold. if dough tears use water to smash back together with fingers.
pour in peach filling.
put 4 dots of butter on peaches.
roll out second dough like the 1st.
lay over the pie and smooth.
use fingers to pinch edges together, removing any overflow.
cut slits on top in a pattern to vent (and make it pretty).
sprinkle granulated sugar on top.
put foil on the edge of the crust to prevent burning.
bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
undo foil the last 10 minutes of baking.
let cool completely so it will not be runny.
SERVE with vanilla ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. I love your apron! I've been meaning to find a cute one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...