Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Stress

Oh Goodness…

So many stresses this week… and I thought I was going to have some summer fun with my lightened work schedule! Maybe some day there will be less stress. Between financial issues, house issues, back issues, and a few personal issues- it has been too much to handle!

But I am determined to be happy. Aust and I are trying our best to find positive situations- though many times they seem to be easily trampled on by either karma or fate (not sure which). For example: we had been planning for a couple weeks to go to the zoo today when we both got off work… FUN, right!? Only to find out they closed at 5pm (I wasn't off of work until 4pm) :( For some reason I thought they were open until sundown! We'll just have to reschedule for a Saturday.

Austin made a good move- he is becoming a Big Brother! He is pretty excited about it. I think he will make a great dad whenever we are ready for that BIG step in our lives.

I had some of the best ice cream I've ever had tonight. It was Scoops Treatery on Penn & Memorial in OKC. I had a coupon to buy one get one free, so we decided to treat ourselves to that since we didn't get to visit the zoo. It was a nice alternative :)

The house is slowly coming together. Very slowly. I am determined to finish unpacking and putting things in their place by next week. I need to enjoy my evenings rather than having to organize and sort everything. Although a friend came to visit and described the look as "Country Cottage"… I was shocked. Seriously!? I'll post pics as soon as I have time to find the proper hookups and you can tell me what you think. I think my decorating style is more closely related to the "Random Crap" style. But I do enjoy our random crap (such as an elephant collection of Aust's and a Seahorse fetish of mine) even if it isn't aesthetically perfect.

Let me finish by saying how much I can not wait for our Estes Park, Colorado vacation in July! It is much needed for both of us. We will be going with my parents and my brother & sister-in-law. It will be glorious, I have no doubt.

Photo by Todd Egan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...