Thursday, August 20, 2009

A long time

I have been very busy lately after my trip to New York. New York was amazing. I saw Keigwin + Company perform at the Joyce Theater which was probably my favorite part of the trip. We also saw South Pacific on Broadway and we saw ABT perform Sylvia. I took class at Merce Cunningham studios, Broadway Dance Center, Steps on Broadway, and my favorite: DANCE NEW AMSTERDAM! We also saw a ton of sights: MoMA, The Met, The Guggenheim, Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, World Trade Centers Site, Gay Pride Parade, and much more! I also got to enjoy some quality time with my mom :) Here are some pictures:

The Lincoln Center where we saw "Sylvia" performed by the American Ballet Theatre. Gillian Murphy was wonderful.
Manhattan skyline from the top of the Empire State Building.
Myself standing beside a mummy's sarcophagus so you can see how LARGE it is.
The Joyce Theatre. The company's "Bolero" was awesome- but so were all of the dances!

After NYC, I worked some more, taught a few dance classes, taught Arts Adventure's creative dance class (always a blast for really great pay), and performed for the first time with a professional dance company in Perpetual Motion's Oklahoma Contemporary Dance Festival. I was only in one piece, "Inhalations," but it was a great, fun experience. I can't wait to start rehearsals next week for our fall concert. Then it was time to celebrate my first wedding anniversary with my husband on August 8th. We spent it in Estes Park, Colorado. It was so beautiful, interesting, and relaxing. It was a wonderful location to be able to sit and recall our wedding and honeymoon from a year ago, and to be able to bask a little (or a lot) in our mushy gushy love for each other. Here are a few pictures from that trip:

The view from the top of old Fall River Road. That lake is so beautiful in this picture!
A baby elk with her mama (the dad wasn't far off). This was by the gravel road to our cabin.
In the middle of our hike to Bierstadt Lake.
Trekking onward to Lake Haiyaha. Beautiful.
Beautiful views everywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog… I love comments & thoughts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...